Our Education and Training department focuses specifically on the park and recreation industry and the unique challenges and educational needs of PDRMA's members. Driven to provide cost-effective and results-oriented training and resources, our Education and Training staff also looks at loss trends in developing successful training and resource programs that help all PDRMA members improve their risk-management, wellness and loss-control efforts.
- Provide members with tools to recognize/resolve agency issues and to address each individual's wellness goals.
- Deliver performance-oriented training (hands-on sessions, group learning, case studies, role playing) to help participants remember and use learned skills.
- Use technology-based solutions to minimize geographic barriers and provide just-in-time learning.
- Offer training consulting services and referrals to members while being a resource center for training programs.
- Include course evaluations and assessments to gather feedback on improving future training programs.
- Offer Continuing Education Units to help members maintain professional certifications.