The Health Benefits Committee oversees the health program and also:
- Approves the plan of benefits PDRMA offers under the Health program to submit to the Health Program Council for approval.
- Reviews suggestions and recommendations for benefit changes.
- Establishes participant eligibility for benefits.
- Approves the Health program budget and rates to submit to the Health Program Council for final approval.
- Approves rates for Health Program benefits to submit to the Health Program Council for final approval.
- Reviews and monitors the Health program financial statements and makes recommendations on financial matters to the Health Program Council for final approval.
The Wellness Committee supports the Health Benefits Committee by making recommendations concerning the PDRMA Health Program's Wellness Program. The committee also:
- Works with PDRMA staff to identify wellness programming needs.
- Provides guidance on the design, implementation, and evaluation of wellness strategies and programs as well as any associated awards and incentives.
- Reviews and makes recommendations on wellness policies presented to PDRMA Health member agencies.
- Provides feedback on effective and efficient ways to promote, implement and evaluate wellness program offerings.