The Claims Committee approves the expenditure of PDRMA funds to settle claims or suits brought against members. The committee also:
- Considers and approves third-party, liability workers' compensation lump-sum settlements and employment-practices claim settlements in excess of $50,000.
- Reviews claim settlements within the authority of PDRMA's President/Chief Executive Officer.
- Reviews contract agreements involving claim administration and monitors the performance of contract services.
- Reviews losses and informs other PDRMA committees of identified trends, issues, or circumstances that might impact claims and losses.
- Considers appeals of claims disputes between members and PDRMA.
- Receives the claims-audit report from the contracted firm and oversees PDRMA's response.
- Reviews and recommends to the Property/Casualty Program Council changes to the program coverage documents.